Friday, March 2, 2012

Olympus 50mm f2 Macro Noise

Olympus 50mm f2 Macro Noise Tube. Duration : 1.87 Mins.


A lot complain about the noise of the Olympus 50mm f2 Macro - and are waiting for a quiet SWD model to be released. I personally don't find it noisy at all, and so put together this short video of the sound it makes. I suppose it does sound terrible compared to the Olympus 50-200 SWD which I also record - which is impressively quiet, although think that my friends Sigma 50-500 is even quiter. For the sound recording, I was holding the Olympus E-3 with lens attached - only inches away from the built in camera on my Macbook. The sound of the 50mm lens is far worse than it sounds when working with it. Maybe I'm just used to the 50mm and drown out the sound, but I really think that it isn't that bad until you happen to compare it side by side to something like the quieter SWD lenses. What I can say is that I sure wouldn't do without this lens in anticipation of a quieter model coming along - - - just because of the noise (or the speed for that matter - which I also don't find to be a problem in most cases)

Keywords: Olympus, 50mm, f2, Macro, Noise

No comments:

Post a Comment